Social Services Programs In Gresham, Oregon

A Gresham, Oregon Social Services Guide
for Injured Victims of Auto Accidents who find themselves
needing assistance for the first time ever:

Emergency Resources in the Portland Metro Area

If you find yourself challenged by an unfortunate series of events and in need of assistance, we have compiled a list of many of the varied services available to help you during your time of need.

If you’ve been a victim of an accident injury, contact Todd Peterson for a free evaluation of your legal rights.

Some general tips:

  • Start by going to You can input your information and it will come up with a customized list of many potential services that you may be eligible to receive.
  • Have your records handy. In order to qualify for these services, you may need documentation such as income tax returns, proof of age or US citizenship. Find out what records you need beforehand so that you have everything you need when you are making your requests for assistance.
  • Processing paperwork can take time so file all requests for assistance as promptly as possible.
  • If you have children in Portland area schools, the school office where your children attend can help you obtain many services, supplies and often provide funding for school expenses. Schools may have outreach programs for families in need as well which may provide items for the whole family. Speak to the school counselor or a staff member in the main office.
  • Your local Portland area church may have assistance programs to help you.
  • If you do not qualify for financial assistance, ask about extended payment plans or other options that will help you manage your financial situation.
  • Call credit card companies that you owe money to explain your situation. These businesses will often work with you if you call them. If you just skip payments without communicating with them, the people handling your account will probably assume the worst and take action accordingly.


Social Security Offices

1538 SW Yamhill Street
Portland, OR 97205

2625 SE 98th Ave.
Portland, OR 97266

17421 SE McLoughlin
Milwaukie, OR 97267

221 NE Schuyler St.
Portland, OR 97212

11975 SW 2nd Street
Beaverton, OR 97005
1-800-772-1213 phone
1-800-325-0778 TTY

Web page for Social Security Disability:
On the left side of the home page are several informative links including the one for the “Disability Starter Kit”.

Web page for “Disability Planner” which includes a link on “Family Benefits”:

A Social Security office or the Web site can provide you with information and “Disability Starter Kits”. This kit includes a fact sheet entitled “What You Should Know Before You Apply For Social Security Disability Benefits.” It also contains a checklist to have ready for your disability interview and a “Medical and Job Worksheet – Adult” that will help you prepare for your disability interview.

Supplemental Security Income (SSI)

Social Security Offices – Addresses Listed Above
1-800-772-1213 phone
1-800-325-0778 TTY

Disabled persons may be eligible for Supplemental Security Income (SSI) if they have little or no income. SSI provides cash to meet basic needs for shelter, food and clothing. On the Web site, you can determine if you are eligible for benefits by using the “Benefit Eligibility Screening Tool”.

Oregon Supplemental Income Program (OSIP)

For information, you can go to the office of:
Multnomah County Aging and Disability Services

(see next entry for address and phone numbers)

Scroll down to “cash assistance” for more information.

This program is designed to supplement federal SSI income. You can download the OSIP brochure from the Web page listed on the left.

Multnomah County Aging and Disability Services

421 SW Oak St., Suite 510
Portland, OR 97204
Helpline (503) 988-3646
Phone (503) 988-3620
TTY: (503) 988-3683

For information on ethnic persons with disabilities supportive programs:

This office provides help and information on items such as enrollment for Medicaid/Oregon Health Plan, food stamps and more.


National School Lunch Program

(contact your children’s school for more information)

Inquire at your local school office to see if your child qualifies for free or reduced meals.

Child Care (See General Assistance – Oregon Department of Human Services)


Oregon Food Bank
7900 NE 33rd Drive
Portland, OR 97211
(503) 282-0555

Some emergency food sites:

Carpenters Food Bank
(503) 286-1898

First Baptist Church Food Pantry
(503) 228-7465

First Presbyterian Church
(503) 916-4009

211 Info
(503) 525-6400

Neighborhood House Community Services
(503) 246-1663

For more locations, go to:
A map of Oregon is on the page. Click on your county to view a full listing of emergency food sites.
The Oregon Food Bank provides food assistance programs.

Oregon Hunger Relief Task Force

Mailing Address:

4110 SE Hawthorne Blvd.
Portland, OR 97214

This organization can help you find resources for food assistance.


Oregon Department of Human Services

Multnomah County: 2446 SE Ladd Avenue, Portland, OR 97214

Information Only – Administration Office:
(503) 731-3111

For a listing of other offices, go to:

For information on filing an application:

For information on Temporary Assistance to Needy Families:

Multnomah County – Self Sufficiency Offices:

30 N. Webster
Portland, OR 97217

East Self Sufficiency
1415 SE 122nd Ave.
Portland, OR 97233

912 NE Kelly Ave.
Gresham, OR 97030
(503) 491-1979

Northeast Self Sufficiency
4425 NE Broadway St
Portland, OR 97213

New Market Theatre
50 SW 2nd Avenue
Portland, OR 97204

Southeast Portland
3975 SE Powell Blvd
Portland, OR 97202

St. Johns
6443 N Lombard
Portland, OR 97203

In order to apply for benefits through the Oregon Department of Human Services (DHS), go to one of the self-sufficiency offices listed to the left. These offices can supply information on how to apply for child care, the food stamp program, medical benefits or cash assistance for families.

Self Sufficiency Offices (continued) Other Areas:

Beaverton Office
12901 SW Jenkins Road, Suite B
Beaverton, OR 97005
(503) 646-9952

Hillsboro Office
5920 NE Ray Circle, Suite 110
Hillsboro, OR 97123
(503) 648-8951

Tigard Office
10777 SW Cascade Avenue
Tigard, OR
(503) 670-9711

In order to apply for benefits through the Oregon Department of Human Services (DHS), go to one of the self-sufficiency offices listed to the left. These offices can supply information on how to apply for child care, the food stamp program, medical benefits or cash assistance for families.
At this Web site, you can confidentially fill in all of your information and come up with a customized action plan for finding services you need.



Community Action
1001 SW Baseline Street
Hillsboro, OR 97123
(503) 648-6646

This organization helps people in Washington County with a variety of needs.

Forest Grove Family Resource Center
1341 Pacific Avenue
Forest Grove, OR 97116
(503) 359-2598
The Family Resource Center tries to help link families with the resources they need.

This Web page contains an extensive list of all sorts of resources. Of special interest might be the “Human Services,” “Neighborhood House Youth and Family Services” and “Services” categories.

Transition Projects, Inc.
475 NW Glisan Street
Portland, OR 97209
(503) 823-4930
Transition Projects Inc. provides basic needs such as shelter, food, blankets and more to those who are homeless.

Vancouver – Links to Other Community Web Sites
This Web page contains a list of resources in Vancouver. Of special interest might be the “Housing and Human Services” category.

Oregon SafeNet


Oregon SafeNet can help you find the closest self-sufficiency office (see listing below), information on food stamps, the Oregon Health Plan and school lunches.


Oregon Health Plan
1 (800) 359-9517 for a packet
1 (800) 621-5260 TTY
(Go to a self-sufficiency office listed above for information in person.)
Call the Oregon Health Plan or view this Web site for information on the Oregon Health Plan/ Medicaid program.

Family Health Insurance Assistance Program


This program helps uninsured people in Oregon purchase health insurance by subsidizing some of the cost. View the Web site for more information and details.



Housing Authority of Portland
135 SW Ash Street
Gresham, Oregon 97204
(503) 802-8300
(503) 802-8554 TTY
The Housing Authority of Portland can help you find low-cost and affordable housing options in the Portland area.


Department of Revenue: Property Tax

Senior and Disabled Citizens in Oregon
This department can provide information about the property tax deferral program, how to apply and qualifications for assistance.


503-228-6322 or
800-542-8818 .

Downtown Portland — World Trade Center Plaza
121 SW Salmon Street
Portland 97204

335 NE Roberts St.
Gresham 97030

1001 SE TV Highway
Hillsboro 97123

Southeast Portland — Portland Service Center
3700 SE 17th Avenue
Portland 97202

Financial assistance for your utility bills information at:
PGE Billing Help
PGE can help you find financial assistance for your energy bills.

City of Portland – Water
(503) 823-7770
The City of Portland can help you find financial assistance for your water and sewer bills including crisis vouchers and bill discounts.

Todd Peterson, Oregon accident attorney on the telephone

Want to talk to me about your case?

I want to help you get all the money you deserve for your accident, so call me at 503-280-0888 now or please fill out this short form.

Please specify whether your accident happened in Oregon or Washington State, and give some brief details in the comments.

After sending the form, you’ll be taken to a second page where if you wish, you can share all the details of your accident in one convenient place.

Once I see your information, I’ll get back to you as quickly as I can.


Sitemap - Privacy
719 NE Roberts Ave. Gresham, OR 97030 - 503-280-0888
ADVERTISEMENT | © 2024 Peterson Law Offices
Call Now Button